Where You Watch guide on quality (a work in progress)
- Very low
- Official version or Retail quality copy
1. Recorded from cinema (CAM)
2. Recorded from cinema, with high quality audio (TS)
3. Recorded from cinema, with high quality audio and with professional gear.
4. Recorded from a high quality source, close to retail quality (but with Korean subtitles, artifacts etc).
5. Perfect copy, either it’s an official stream or download. If it’s pirated and still being accepted as a 5, it needs to be ripped without any imperfections.
1. Early CAM recordings fall within this. Audio is CAM sourced.
2. CAM recordings but with confirmed line-audio.
3. High-quality CAM with high quality TS. Higher resolutions doesn’t equal higher quality, so watch out for upscaled versions. Low quality WEB streams also falls within this rating. While sourced from a stream, the lack of a quality encode or proper frame rate, with a bad audio, these WEB rips falls within this rating.
4. High quality WEB, or other high-definition TV streams falls within this rating. Hardcoded subtitles are accepted, but the audio must be sourced from a proper high-definition source. Transcoded audio is OK. No frame rate issues and not too harsh on the video bitrate causing artifacts.
5. High quality retail copy or perfect, pirated rip of retail source. Official streams are also accepted.